Producers Trust is mission driven corporation. We are building a platform that delivers transparency to global agricultural supply chains. Our mission is to promote sustainable and ethical farming practices that reduce supply chain risks of the products that you see on grocery shelves. We’re a passionate, smart, and committed team, and we want you to join our mission!
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Sustainability Expert to join our dynamic and growing team. This is a highly entrepreneurial role that is integral to the development of our digital solutions, and is responsible for defining our corporate reporting and verification strategy, as well as guiding us through its implementation and keeping us focused on the crucial role it plays within our platform and greater ecosystem.
This role operates as a subject matter expert and teaches other teams across the company to ensure a professional level of knowledge about the sustainability space, and our company’s role in it, is consistent.
- Be the “go to” person for any sustainability, impact, ESG, or climate change related information in the company.
- Partner with product management, business stakeholders, and program management to ensure platform sustainability requirements are clear and captured, as well as influence how sustainability-related data is presented to end users through the platform.
- Understand industry validation and verification processes for capturing and reporting sustainability data and identify protocols and workflows to create and qualify sustainability claims
- Be familiar with sustainability industry trends (carbon credit marketplaces, regenerative agriculture frameworks and certifications, environmental and social government regulations, etc)
- Identify shortcomings in sustainability science and current data validation processes.
- Ensure data set compliance with local government policies and regulations.
- Clearly map existing product sustainability related components to sustainability claims, ESG scores, and existing methodologies and systems.
- Provide guidance about which sustainability claims to include in our platform, and which methodologies and standards to implement.
- Communicate sustainability positioning to internal and external stakeholders.
- Interact with external clients and their organizational stakeholders.
- Represent Producers Trust in sales calls and/or conferences, as needed, to speak to our methodologies and their effectiveness.
- Minimum Bachelor's or Master's degree in sustainability, environmental science, or a related field.
- At least 7-10 years of relevant experience in sustainability or related fields, including experience leading sustainability initiatives within food and agriculture supply chains and systems.
- Highly adaptable and agile in a fast-paced hyper-growth environment; able to thrive within ambiguity.
- Strong knowledge of sustainability standards, frameworks, and reporting requirements, including GRI, ISSB/SASB, CDP, and SDGs.
- Experience working with carbon markets.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop innovative sustainability initiatives.
- Preferred: Consulting background with experience in sustainability research, analysis, and multidimensional thinking.
- Preferred: Experience as a project developer with the ability to work directly with farmers to understand field reporting requirements.
- Preferred: Knowledgeable about regenerative agriculture certifications.
To apply please send us your CV and email cover letter at email@example.com.