Senior UX/UI Design
Location: Fully Remote
Terms: Full-time independent contract position. Engagement can be terminated by either party with 14 days written notice.
Compensation: $9,000 - $12,000/mo
Schedule: Flexibility to choose your working hours. We ask that your availability coincides with the 9am-5pm US Eastern time zone at least 16 hours per week for global team related communications. Responsibilities may also require that you coordinate your availability with customer, partner, and client working hours.
About the role: Do you eat sleep and breath behavior models, obsess over every detail of a user interface, dream about pathways to motivate and engage users? Do you like to move quickly and delight in rapidly incorporating feedback from users? Do you use the words Ability, Motivation, and Prompt dozens of times a day?
Producers Trust is on a mission to transform supply chains in the global south by enabling small hold farmers to digitize and get credit for sustainable practices they are utilizing to increase market linkage with buyers seeking sustainable products for resell.
The UI/UX Designer is responsible for leading the efforts to create intuitive and engaging experiences and user interfaces for the Producers family of digital products. This role involves understanding user needs, designing wireframes and prototypes, and collaborating with product management and development teams to ensure seamless and engaging user interactions. The UI/UX Designer plays a key role in owning user satisfaction, usability, and overall aesthetics of mobile and web applications.Responsibilities:
- User Research
- Conduct user research, interviews, and surveys to understand user behavior and preferences.
- Analyze and interpret feedback to inform design decisions and improvements.
- Develop intuitive navigation schemes and interactions that enhance user experience.
- Create visual designs, including layouts, graphics, and icons, that align with brand guidelines.
- Define information architecture and user flows to ensure logical and easy-to-navigate user journeys.
- Organize content and features based on user needs and business objectives.
- Collaborate closely with business units, product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to translate concepts into functional and easy to use interfaces.
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional teams, incorporating feedback from team members and stakeholders.
- Present design concepts and rationale to internal teams and clients.
- Effectively communicate design ideas and solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven experience as a UX/UI Designer with a strong portfolio showcasing design skills and user-centered design processes.
- Multilingual preferred (English required, Spanish a plus)
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, or similar.
- Understanding of FOG behavior model, user-centered design principles and best practices.
- Familiarity with usability testing methodologies and tools.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Comfortable with remote and async work patterns and tools: Google suite, Slack, Zoom, Jira, Confluence, etc.