Lead UX Design
Producers Trust is a rapidly growing, mission-led, global commerce company that elevates products that have adopted environmental and social sustainability practices to conscious consumers with integrity, trust and validation resulting in increased equity for producers worldwide.
The Lead UX Designer, or Lead User Experience Designer, is a critical member of our technology team and is responsible for designing beautiful user experiences by blending art and science together to form compelling user experiences throughout the customer journey. This role works directly with senior leadership in the company to understand our business strategy and brand architecture, directly with customers and stakeholders to understand their needs and wants, directly with Product Management to ensure the design specifications fit into our planning and delivery process, and directly with our engineering team to ensure the system delivered meets the design.
Job title: Lead UX Designer
Location: 100% remote work w/ flexible working hours
Key responsibilities include:
- Accountable for the UX Guild within the company
- Facilitate product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Lead efforts to create and maintain UX design standards, personas, journey maps, wireframes, navigation, mockups, storyboards, and creating design specifications and guidelines.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Create and assess design solutions based on user goals and key scenarios.
- Create/prototype design stories that articulate the desired user experience to the project team and stakeholders.
- Provide active thought leadership in User Experience issues and trends.
- 8+ years of product design experience with an accompanying portfolio that demonstrates experience leading major UX initiatives and designing modern interfaces for web and mobile applications for global commerce platforms.
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Graphic Design, or a related design or behavioral science discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Self-starter who seeks out collaboration and alignment with others.
- You’re someone who thinks big, inspires others, and helps teams connect the dots to create cohesive experiences.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Enjoys being part of a team of beautiful souls who appreciate being productive and balanced with fun.
- Expertise in Figma, Wireframing, and Design Specs. Familiarity with HTML5 and CSS3.
- Expertise in Human/User Centered Design methods and techniques, planning and conducting user research, and usability testing.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Lean).
What you will be working on:
Web and mobile ecommerce marketplace platform, marketing technology, supply chain systems, data lake with AI/ML, cryptocurrency blockchain and tokens, and environmental and social sustainability services. Defining and managing our UX Design Guild for the company.
Producers Trust is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Producers Trust is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
To apply please send us your CV and email cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.